Created in 1935, Yakult remains one of the most popular Japanese beverages. With the addition of zesty lemon extract and floral jasmine green tea, this drink is guaranteed to quench your thirst. Not only is this drink delicious, it also provides an excellent source of probiotics, vitamins, and antioxidants. This beverage is easy to make and lovely with the addition of boba or jelly!
- 2 bags (3 teaspoons) jasmine green tea
- ½ lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons cane sugar
- 2 Yakults
- Pour 1 ½ cups of boiling water into a large measuring glass. Let the water sit for 5 minutes to avoid damaging the tea leaves.
- Add 2 bags or 3 teaspoons of jasmine green tea. Let the tea steep for about 3 minutes. Remove tea.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of cane sugar and stir until fully dissolved.
- Juice one half of a lemon, discarding any excess seeds or fibers. Add the lemon extract into your tea mixture.
- Open 2 Yakult bottles and add them into your mixture.
- Slowly pour the drink into a large cocktail shaker, add ice, and shake until fully cooled. Pour the contents into a tall glass.