- Issue 1 – October/November 2008 – Oakland Tech’s student newspaper, The Scribe, launched its comeback edition this week after a six-year hiatus.
- Issue 2 – December 2008/January 2009 – This issue includes stories on a proposed closed campus lunch policy for next year, the college application process for seniors, and a summary of the Fall ‘08 sports seasons.
- Issue 3 – February/March 2009 – This edition includes stories about President Obama’s Inauguration, Chinese New Year, afterschool programs at Tech, and the recent BART shooting.
- Issue 2 – January 2010 – Read about the new security cameras, the Advanced Drama class’ impending trip to The Edinburgh Fringe Festival, and two juniors debating the war in Afghanistan.
- Issue 3 – March/April 2010 – Read about Oakland school teachers striking, the achievement gap at Tech, and 30 things to do with The Scribe.
- Issue 1 – December 2010 – Read about Oakland Tech’s student body president, a student experience at Tech, and Harry Potter 7.
- Issue 1- Febuary 2012– Read about Tech’s Seismic Safety, the Far West merger, Mr. Harris, and the movie In Time.
- Issue 2- April/May 2012 – Read about the cancelation of the Junior Prom, smart advice, the Titanic anniversery, and how shopping can help save the world
- Issue 3- June 2012 – Read about the new house system, the hormones that make people fall in love, Tech’s ongoing struggle with bullying, a movie review, and more.
- Launch Issue 2013-2014 – Published August 13, 2013 – featuring articles on our new principal, Ms. Morrison, the new True Burger and Blue Bottle opening up around Tech, the hit movie Fruitvale Station and more! See it in full color here or pick up a copy at the PTSA table at registration.