This simple recipe has the best of two worlds: cinnamon rolls and vanilla cake!
- 3 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- Set the oven to preheat at 350 degrees
- Then, mix flour, salt, baking powder with a whisk. Using a separate bowl, mix the milk, eggs, and 4 tsp vanilla.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together, and after thoroughly incorporated, add melted butter until well combined.
- Use baking spray on a rectangular cake pan (preferably 9×13), and pour batter into the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Make the icing: mix the powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, and water until a thick consistency is reached.
- Drizzle over the cake when completely cooled.
And there you have it, a cinnamon roll cake perfect for any occasion!